Avoid Falling Foul of The Latest Google Algorithm Updates with these SEO tips
Have you been hit from the latest Google algorithm update? or want to know how to prevent and avoid falling foul of the Latest Google Algorithm Updates? – If the answer is yes, you are on the right web page.
In this guide, I will walk you through some of the latest updates and what you must know and then who to prevent from getting hit from any Google update.
I’m the #1 SEO Consultant and I’ve been doing SEO services for over 5 years every single day!
Top technical SEO approaches discover what works, what doesn’t and how we can future-proof from Google latest algorithm updates. Last June 2019 there was a big Google update many websites shuffled in ranks and we had some of our client sites also going up and some down. However, I still rank #1 for SEO Consultant and most of our client’s websites are also ranking higher on Google.
Google is like a beautiful lady that keeps on throwing in new demands when you least expect it. To some, Google likes shifting goal posts now and then. But to others, Google is a neutral referee who does their best to ensure a level playing field for everyone. This latter opinion makes much sense.
- Come to think of it, website owners and web developers can very easily break the rules to get top ranking. It has happened before. To curb this, Google is continually updating their rules and regulations on content use.
- In the infancy of the internet, all that a website needed was to fill a page with the relevant keywords to get top ranking. Then search engines raised the bar when they realised that some sites were misusing this concept. Have a look below at some of the major Google updates that have taken place over the years;
Toolbar Update; when the internet started taking over the world at the beginning of the millennium, Google came up with the Toolbar Update in December 2000; this was primarily the concept that pages could be ranked differently based on the content and especially keyword phrases. This is where the wars between SEO practitioners and Google really begun. The former rushed to stuff keywords and phrases into pages with intent to get top ranking; it was only a matter of time before the latter uncovered this improper trend.
Nofollow Update; this Google update was released in January 2005. It explained the importance of quality backlinks and why Spammy backlinks risked getting your site flagged off. You can use as many backlinks as you wish, but if they are questionable, SERPs would never acknowledge them. Read
- What Is a Nofollow Link? Here’s A Simple Plain English Answer
- The Nofollow Question: How Much Credit Do Nofollow Links Get?
Personalised search update June 2005; this ushered in a new dawn in the world of search engines. Google could use your search history to guess what you’re likely to search. This personalised Search Update is what has advanced today to YouTube’s ability to recommend videos you should watch.
Recent Google Updates you should remember;
Today, there are over 200 factors that determine page ranking on Google. You’ll need to understand them to make it to the top of SERPs.
Using Structured Data Markup; this is a sure way of improving your page appearance. But more importantly, you need to understand that both Google and Bing use mark-ups to verify websites. By marking-up your content, you’re increasing your chances of being ranked at the top of major search engines. Voice searches also tend to favor sites that have well structured and cited content.
Page speed helps in ranking; on average, a page should load within 4-5 seconds. Anything else past that risks increasing the bounce rate on the site. Google updates are championing the need for web developers to develop pages that are user-friendly to users (mobile friendly). The user-friendliness includes not just the display of content, but also faster load times.
Preparing for future updates;
Like Google’s updates are hard to predict or prepare for. The trick always lies in always being on your toes. Here’s how you can do that.
- Ensure that your content answers customer’s questions. Nowadays, users conducting searches have a Quick Answer box at the top. Users can quickly check for results on the main page without having to click any link. Be sure to integrate every phrase that users are likely to search.
- Optimising for voice search is also crucial. Voice searches account for a huge chunk of Google’s searches. Have your site streamlined so that it is easy to find and locate during a voice search.
- Good old SEO practices should never escape you. Google will still expect you to use authoritative and reputable links. Diversify the links and use multiple sites. Likewise, keyword usage should also be utilised. The rule is always to use one keyword for every 100 words. The keyword should appear naturally within the article.
Avoid falling out of the latest Google updates by embracing new and advanced SEO techniques. ClickDo is a leading digital marketing agency that understands too well how dominant SERPs work. Looking to have your site optimised to make it perform better while also complying with all Google updates? Just get in touch and rank higher on Google and get the leads you always wanted.
Don’t be caught unawares; don’t fight a losing battle by relying on black hat SEO practices. Getting a robust online presence has never been easier; make ClickDo your choice and watch traffic to your site grow.
How to avoid Google penalties with algorithm updates?
You don’t have to wait for Google’s next updates and start running helter-skelter; let the pros in the industry cushion you from such. You can never go wrong with ClickDo website optimisation services as we’ve been doing it for over 5 years now and helped hundreds of business owners rank their websites higher on the first page of Google.
Ranking higher on Google takes time however with properly done On page SEO techniques and strategically doing off site SEO will certainly help the budge.
At ClickDo we start the offsite SEO work by submitting the domain with the business detailed to the top 100 UK business directories which will give a huge SEO boost for your domain.
And then we start guest blogging doing blogger outreach work for you to get high quality backlinks for your web pages. This is what will lift your website to the top of Google search results.
Google bots look at what sites linking to your web pages as references. This works so well when you get backlinks from high quality websites that get daily traffic.
When getting SEO backlink packages, you must try to get from websites that get organic traffic from Google.
Inquire about guest blogging on this page and talk to Dinesh for SEO friendly links.
I'm the CEO of ClickDo Ltd. and SeekaHost UK - I help the business grow online with latest SEO services & digital marketing strategies. You can find my guest blogs on the UK business Blog as well as on our my guest blogs on the UK Tech Blog
. More details about me can be found on this page.
- BloggingDecember 16, 2023How to Start A Blog In 2024: Ultimate Guide to create a Blog Step by Step
- Guest PostsNovember 10, 2023The Power of Guest Posting: Boosting Your SEO and Building a Network
- Guest PostsOctober 9, 2023Maximize SEO Impact with ClickDo’s Expert Guest Posting Services
- Digital CareersOctober 4, 2023What Are Digital Business Models?