SEO training or DIY website optimization
SEO is the process of optimizing ones website to appear higher in the organic search results of Google for some keywords. SEO training is just simply that – training you to do it yourself or to provide you an understanding comprehensive enough to make the right SEO outsourcing decisions.
SEO training is usually in the workshop format – a live venue where you are given theoretical and practical knowledge by an instructor.
What will you learn in SEO courses
The training usually covers mostly on-page tactics. You are given specific and easy to implement on-page tips to increase the organic rankings. Practical samples of the attendees websites can be used – showing what’s wrong and how to fix it.
Training courses sometimes goes into off-page optimization too, but this is mostly on a theoretical level, as off-page SEO training is highly complex and is changing too rapidly to give a small business owner the ROI he demands from training courses.
What exactly to expect from an SEO training?
First of all, SEO training is targeted at improving your website so that you can be better found on Google. Now this does not mean that you will instantly pop up on competitive keywords.
Ranking on Google is a complex process that can also be quite lengthy – depending on the competitiveness of the keyword. The training will cover this, so you can judge the proposals from SEO agencies better.
In terms of tangible results – seo training will give you the understanding and the instructions on how to optimize pages, what to ask your web developer to do and you’ll gain understanding on how up-to-date your website is.
In the long term, you can expect to learn to at least understand these things better and possible manage your own website marketing.
How to prepare for the training
Usually these training’s are fairly basic, so there’s not much preparation needed. If the training is provided by an established SEO agency however, you can expect them to have a very solid expertise and to answer your questions on SEO – use this as a cheaper consultation and to gain insights.
If you wish to have some existing knowledge, we recommend reading the following articles from our blog on SEO training:
- SEO Training Courses in London for business professionals
- Private SEO training: when is it a good option for your business
- Why dentists should consider an SEO training workshop
- Choosing between online course or workshop SEO training
- SEO training: recommended books to rank on Google
- WordPress Training Courses in London by ClickDo
- 6 Online Marketing Exercises You Need to Build Your 6-Packs in Your Website in 2016
- Why and how to learn SEO for success in digital economy?
Anything else about SEO training
The training will also cover aspects such as:
- keyword research
- social signals
- writing optimized contents
- what are Google updates
- should you use PPC
- tools to use
- monitoring results
An any of your questions!
Expect the training to last for 4-6 hours and the venues for most SEO training’s are in central locations.
- The Founder & CEO of ClickDo Ltd. Writes about digital marketing and SEO for local businesses in International corporation. You can read more on OM HQ blog for more of my writings.
- Local Business AdviceNovember 6, 2018How can local business owners in the UK thrive when Google hits hard?
- Web HostingNovember 2, 2018Why you need the fastest UK web hosting for business websites
- SEO TipsOctober 24, 2018How to outrank competitors authority sites and dominate money markets with SEO?
- EntrepreneurshipOctober 14, 2018How to start your home based SEO business?