Having SSL for your Website in 2018
SSL, that actually makes the site to be secure form network level interference is going to change the game in 2018. With announcements from Google, who’s aim is to make sure the entire Web is safe for browsing. There are many vendors in the Market who offer SSL Certificates for Free as well as Crazy high prices. After all, the functionality of the SSL Certificates are the same. There is no big difference in having the certificates from different vendors. Free certificates guarantee only Encryption and on the other hand, paid certificates offer Cash if there is a breach!
How to install SSL Certificate for your domain?
Here is a quick video presentation on installing SSL Certificate for your domain name by Logesh @ ClickDo.
Next Steps (once installing SSL)?
- You should update Webmaster tools about the SSL Deployment. This will help you maintain ranks.
- You should do the changes in Google Analytics. This does not have a very big impact. Still, this is important.
- Update on Bing Webmaster tools (if you are driving traffic from Bing).
- Change your URLs on All you social media profiles.
- Place a 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS through .htaccess file
Need Professional Support?
Get in touch with ClickDo if you require SSL to be implemented without any downtime for your website.
- Logesh Kumar, Senior SEO Consultant at ClickDo Ltd. Get connected on Google+.
- Content MarketingFebruary 4, 2019How Effective Marketing can Double your Sales?
- BloggingAugust 16, 2018How to Build Your Business Blog with Solid Content?
- Page SpeedAugust 15, 2018Google Tag Manager – Why Your Business Website Should Have?
- Google UpdatesAugust 14, 2018What to do when Rank Shuffle due to Google Algorithm Update?